The pregnancy diet plan must include a regular intake of lacto-fermented foods. These are foods preserved the old created way (before refrigerators or freezers). Eating these foods provides a natural food form of a probiotic. You can Visit our Facebook page to know more about pregnancy.
Lacto-fermented foods to include in a pregnancy diet plan are:
-Live sauerkraut, pickles, salsa and chutneys (fruit or vegetable)
Live brings about not shelf stable and must be refrigerated. The reason being they were not heated (pasteurized) or made with white vinegar, using whey and/or sodium.
There are several health reasons why these foods are an important part of a pregnancy diet plan.
1. Help reduce constipation
2. These people are a great natural vitamin C source
3. Increase B vitamins
4. Increase intestinal good germs
5. Help neutralize anti-nutrients (those substances in food that make it hard on the body to soak up the good stuff).
6. Strengthen the immune system
7. Post-baby benefits-encourages suckling and helps baby build their good gut bacterias
They should be used as a condiment in a pregnancy diet plan. When looking for pre-made lacto-fermented foods-remember they have to be refrigerated (cannot be stored on the shelf), made out of whey and salt (not vinegar). A person also have the option of making your own which will be worth the time to reap their benefits